Published on 3rd November 2014
Response to the resignation of Fiona Woolf as Chairwoman of the UK government’s child sex abuse enquiry: Dr Liz Davies interviewed by Liza Aziz on LBC morning news.
Published on 15 Jul 2014
BBC Radio Hereford and Worcester early morning Breakfast programme with hosts Howard Bentham and Toni McDonald discussing high level paedophile claims from David Tombs and Liz Davies.
Published 24th September 2009
Good Morning Wales Interview –
This interview concerned the Care Standards Tribunal decision to overturn the Care Council of Wales decision not to allow Eleni Cordingly’s registration as a social worker. The CST pointed to organisational failures.
Published 12th November 2008
5 Live Interview
Interview discussing Baby P Whistleblower
Published 6th May 2009
Response to the government’s announcement to invest £58 million into social work training:
Radio 5 live interview with Peter Allen on 6th May 2009
Published 22nd January 2008
Reporter: Andrew Bomford – PDF transcript
Liz contributed to the research for this programme. A number of recent serious case reviews were analysed and the reasons for the failures of agencies to protect the children were examined in the light of government policy.
File on Four – Child protection policies – 22nd January 2008
Interview by Robin Lustig about the appointment of Margaret Hodge as Minister for Children.
The World Tonight – Interview from 2003
The Today Programme
Liz has made several appearances on the BBC’s Today Programme. The links below include programmes that Liz have contributed to mainly with the investigative journalist Angus Stickler who has relentlessly brought many child abuse issues to public attention through the Today programme, BBC 2’s Newsnight and Radio 4’s File on Four. He was named News Journalist of the Year at the Sony Radio Academy Awards in 2006.
The BBC Radio 4 Today programme has more listeners than any other news programme.
A story which breaks on this programme will usually be quickly taken up by television and the print media. Today has raised many serious issues about child protection. These are available through the BBC Radio 4 website and the Today programme archive which dates back to 2003.
- ‘Living with the legacy of care’. Interview with Teresa Cooper about Kendall House and drug misuse. 8.10 am 7th April 2009
- ‘A metropolitan police report saying that children are being trafficked into the UK from Africa and used for human sacrifice has been dismissed’. 7.42 16th June 2005
- Interview with Lisa Arthurworrey – social worker to Victoria Climbié 6.31 and 8.10 9th June 2005
- Interview with Lisa Arthurworrey – social worker to Victoria Climbié 8.43 2nd September 2004
- Interview with Lisa Arthurworrey – social worker to Victoria Climbié 8.10am 1st September, 2004
- Interview with Demetrious Panton – Islington child abuse survivor 8.37am 15th November 2003
- Interview about Margaret Hodge and Demetrious Panton – Islington child abuse survivor 7.32am 11th November 2003
- ‘Many social workers have criticized the appointment of new Minister of Children Margaret Hodge’. 8.10am 30th June 2003